Special Education Resources
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 July 2017 09:55 Hits: 11050
References and Resources:
- Friend, Marilyn. (2006). Special education: Contemporary perspectives for school professionals. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.
Recommended Internet Resources Include:
- http://www.cec.sped.org/ – The Council for Exceptional Children (a professional organization for teachers, administrators, parents, and other individuals interested in the education of students with disabilities.
- http://www.parentcenterhub.org – The Center for Parent Information and Resources is a valuable source of information concerning children with disabilities and their families.
- http://www.ldonline.org/ – This is the leading website on learning disabilities, learning disorders and differences. Parents and teachers of children with learning disabilities will find authoritative guidance on attention deficit disorder, ADD/ADHD, and other disabilities that effect learning.
- http://www.parentinformationcenter.org/ – The Parent Information Center (PIC) is a New Hampshire-based resource for parents and/guardians who seek additional information about the special education process and other relevant information related to students with educational disabilities. They offer workshops and newsletters to interested people.
- http://www.wrightslaw.com/ – This site provides parents and educators with information about special education legislation and related information.
To find our how the Reauthorization of IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) may affect your rights and your child's special education program go to:
Family Resource Connection
NH State Library
New Hampshire Procedural Safeguards Handbook
Special Education, February 2016
Developed by the NH Department of Education
Bureau of Special Education
The newly adopted N.H. Rules for the Education of Children with Disabilities which went into effect on March 24, 2017.