Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 15:52 Hits: 3086
Winnacunnet has a new ecology themed club starting up this spring. Students from the Science Club and the Lighthouse Kids Club have been asked to help get the yet to be named ecology club up and running. If you are interested in recycling, water conservation, composting, sustainability or some other "going green" initiative and you want to get in on the ground floor of a new club, you should get involved.
How do I get involved?
- Your name
- Contact information (e-mail address)
- Possible names for the new club
- Topics of interest for club
- Goals of the club
Who else is in on this?
This club is brand new! There are several teachers that are working together to make it happen. Feel free to talk to Mrs. Noone, Mrs. Silver, Mr. Oswald, Mr. Ingoldsby or Mrs. Harris about it.
What has happened so far?
- We received permission from the school to be a club.
- We have applied to the Northeast Resource Recovery Association for a state membership.
- We have applied for a grant from the Friends of Winnacunnet Foundation to purchase a water bottle filling station for the main lobby.
- We have this page on the WHS site to help get the word out.
- We will meet with the Science Club and Lighthouse Kids on April 19 to get input on a club name and goals.
- We will have a meeting after April vacation and get this club going.
So - get involved! Check back here for more information.