Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 15:30 Hits: 18909
Expected Behavior in the Hawley Library
- Students are expected to engage in school work while in the library.
- Students may talk quietly when doing group work, but must be courteous and respectful at all times.
- The Winnacunnet Code of Conduct applies in the library
- Students are expected to clean up their workspace upon leaving the library. Recycling bins are conveniently located throughout the library and students are encouraged to use them to dispose of papers and bottles/cans.
- Library materials (scissors, staplers, magazines & newspapers, laptops, etc.) are to be returned to their original locations. Laptops should be put away neatly in their assigned position, and plugged in.
- Library services are available for academic purposes, as well as personal interest. The library provides books, magazines, audio books, AV equipment and online databases that are accessible from any computer.
- Materials are checked out for varying lengths of time, and are renewable. Books, other than reference, may be checked out for 2 weeks. Audio-visual materials (cameras, camcorders, tape recorders, iPods, flash drives) may be checked out for 3 days. Current issues of magazines are for reading in the library, but previous copies may be checked out for 3 days.
- When printing in the library, students are asked to be mindful of the amount of paper they are consuming. The use of scrap paper is encouraged.
- We offer lamination at a cost of $0.30/ft. Flash drives and blank CDs are available for purchase.
Entering and Leaving the Library:
- Seating in the library is limited, and we must ensure that teachers who have scheduled to bring their classes have the space and resources that they need.
- Students accompanied by a teacher do not require a pass to enter the library.
- Teachers may send up to 5 students from their classroom on a group pass.
- All other students need a pass from their study hall or classroom teacher.
- All students not accompanied by a teacher are required to sign in upon arrival, and to sign out when they leave.
- Students must have a pass from the library staff to be in the halls during a block (nurse, bathroom, locker).
Food and Drink:
- Students have the privilege of bringing snack foods and drinks into the library. In order to preserve this privilege, workspaces must be kept free of food debris, and trash must be disposed of appropriately.